I don’t care who you are, but you’ve never truly lived until you’ve tried almond butter cookie dough balls by Angela Liddon. But don’t worry, I’m about to share the recipe with you. You’re welcome.
Angela Liddon, known as “Oh She Glows,” is a vegan recipe goddess. Seriously. Her cookbook is my kitchen staple, my kitchen bible if you will. You know when you’ve used a cookbook so often the spine is bent and you have oil and flour stains all over it? The pages might even be sticky? That’s kitchen-bible status.
The Navy is moving our things next week and given the distance of our move, they cannot move any of our perishable items. I did a quick inventory of my baking ingredients, and I couldn’t let my giant glass jar of old fashioned oats go to waste, now could I? Or our Costco size vanilla extract or maple syrup.
So as James would like to say, we “took one for the team.”
The best part about this recipe is you likely have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. The second best part? It takes 10 minutes. The recipe makes 14 small bites, but you can make them as big or small as you want. The recipe is also gluten-free, raw/no bake, soy-free and refined sugar free, so you can get over it. Eat cookie dough!
- 1 1/2 cups GF rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend the oats until a fine flour forms. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the almond flour, oat flour and salt. Beat again until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls, place the finished bites on a plate with parchment paper.
- Freeze the balls for 5-10 minutes, or until firm. Store the balls in the freezer
Reprinted from The Oh She Glows Cookbook by arrangement with Avery Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2014, Glo Bakery Corporation.
This is one of my favorite power snacks. I love making them for friends and family, bringing them into work or a dinner party. Enjoy!