Oh girl – I love love LOVE spaghetti squash! Tonight I rejoiced in cooking up my first spaghetti squash of the season.
Spaghetti squash is one of my all-time fall favorites! It’s low carb, low fat and full of fiber. In comparison, a single serving of pasta has over 100 calories, while spaghetti squash has only about 20 calories. Spaghetti squash is richer in protein, as well.
The squash is so versatile, you can literally make taco bowls, enchiladas, pizza casserole, pad thai, jambalaya, hash browns – seriously the list is a mile long. The combinations are endless, which prevents me from overdoing it and getting sick of it (i.e. zucchini, cauliflower).
I’m excited to explore more recipes this year, but in the meantime here’s some of my favorites I’ve cooked in the past:
- Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash (Peas & Crayons)
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with Broccolini (Eating Well)
- Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls (Skinny Taste)
- Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash Bake (Simplex Food)
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai (Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
- Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein (Little Bits Of)
What’s your favorite way to prepare spaghetti squash? Comment below!